Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Orange you lovely!

So, waaayyy back in early August I showed pictures of the final stages of Orangina. I am happy to present the final version: Orangina, finished, seamed, and blocked:
Pattern: Orangina by Stephani Japel of Glampyre Knits
Yarn: Endless Summer Collection Lara from Elann.com
Needles: 3.25 mm / 60 cm Addi Turbo circulars
Started: Oh, last year sometime
Finished: September 2006
Comments: I liked the pattern, although it took me forever to knit the lace part - including a few needle changes until I found Addi Turbos then it was smooth sailing. The lace repeat is very easy to memorize and this pattern was great as a learning project for me. The yarn was splitty, but I am learning that many cotton yarns are splitty. I do love the colour. The fit is a bit tight in the chest as there is no shaping in this pattern (yah, it's not me-it's the pattern). This would be one thing I might try to change about this pattern now that I have a bit more knitting experience under my belt.

I especially like the way the edge of the neckline looks:
Here's a closeup of the lovely lace design:
Mmmm, orange knitted lace, yummy!

We received some much needed rain here this weekend and I spent quite a bit of time sorting and organizing things at home. I've been moving my stuff around in the study to make room for my new yarn-containment dresser. Yes, a whole dresser uniquely devoted to holding my stash. Well, most of my stash (I do have some overflow, but sock yarn doesn't count right?). I'll try and get a picture of it this week, but right now the study is a bit of a jungle with all the plants etc. from the deck, which is being cleaned and painted.

I have been knitting away on Lara as well and hope to show finished pictures very soon. And sock pictures too!

Have a great Monday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carley said...

It is gorgeous!!! It turned out really well! I hope you get a chance to wear it before it gets too cold there. And to think that now you have a whole dresser devoted to yarn! Wow. I can't imagine where it will fit in your study but you guys are so creative with space that I'm sure it has a home somewhere.

October 16, 2006 12:18 a.m.  
Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Your Orangina is beautiful -- I love the photos you took that show the lace pattern detail!

Wonderful work!

October 16, 2006 7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Alison said...

Lovely indeed! Beautiful job, Robin.

October 16, 2006 8:07 a.m.  
Blogger Veronique said...

Lovely Orangina! I've worn mine very often. It looks great under a suit jacket, just FYI...

October 16, 2006 9:18 a.m.  
Blogger jillian said...

Looks great! I think that may be the only other one I've seen in Orange - except for the pattern!

October 16, 2006 3:02 p.m.  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Orangina is beatiful, one of the first orange one's I've seen other than the original pattern.

October 16, 2006 5:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's beautiful! i love the neckline too.

October 18, 2006 10:59 p.m.  
Blogger Irie said...

very nice! :)

October 23, 2006 6:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home